Saturday 5 November 2016

Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute

Hi, crafty friends!

I am back today to share with you my project I created for our new challenge at Anything But Cute! 
Our lovely and talented Niki is hostessing the challenge this month and she has chosen the theme 'Rustic Glam'!

Here is what I made for the challenge inspiration:

Niki describes her challenge theme this way:

 Create a mixed media design featuring rustic elements such as whitewashed wood, chicken wire, burlap, soft subtle tones and neutrals. Don't forget to add the GLAM part with some sparkle and BLING!


***

I've decided to challenge myself and to create something small so I pulled up my Tim Holtz mini burlap canvas, a medium Madison window Memory Box die, mini woodland tree, a piece of manila cardstock and my Stampendous shabby blue embossing enamel powder to start with my project.  Since I wanted to adhere my tree inside the reverse side of my canvas I used my scissors to cut away the branches on one side of the tree until it was flat on the back.


I used my Stampendous shabby blue embossing enamel powder on a piece of manila cardstock previously cut in size to fit my canvas. I glued it down inside of the canvas reverse side.


I applied a coat of my Americana decor chalky finish paint in Serene color onto my window die cut. 


I used my Decoart media white crackle paint on top of the painted window. 


I cut out the window shutters using the same Memory box die out of a white light chipboart and painted them using my distress stains in brown tones. Then I started to assemble my window.  I embellished the tree with some flat back pearls, a piece of gold thread and a small star and glued down the tree inside my canvas. I added the Christmas branch on top of my canvas and used a white gesso with my dry brush to imitate snow on my pine cones. 
I used a piece of acetate and adhered a piece of Tim Holtz frosted film on one side. I cut out the poinsettia using my Sizzix Tattered poinsettia die. Then I used my alcohol inks in blue tones on the other side of my acetate (the one that has no frosted film on top). I assembled the poinsettia, attached a self adhesive gem in the centre of my flower and created some white splatters on top. 


A close up photo of my Christmas rustic glam window. 


I hope that I have inspired you to create your mixed media piece for our 'Rustic Glam' challenge at Anything But Cute!

The winner will receive the honour of being our Feature Artist for an upcoming challenge!

At Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until December 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with!

***

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

Challenges:


19 comments:

  1. It's a DELIGHT Branka. That window is just GORGEOUSLY YUMMY but my fav is your tree in front of your shimmering glitzy background - just SPLENDID. Your Rustic Glam project is so LOVELY. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable Branka, you have packed SO much into that tiny frame - it looks exquisite! I love that you decorated the tree, the embossed background is gorgeous and that poinsettia on the window frame is stunning! I love this!!!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so absolutely amazing, Branka!! Wow!! I love, love your tiny window scene!! How you packed so much into such a small canvas is amazing!! The crackle and the embossing enamel add such beautiful texture!! I love the shutters!! The pine cone branch is such a perfect touch!! And the poinsettia, too!! I just love every single thing about this!! Spectacular my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Branka - this is so very beautiful - I adore it - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness B! This is tiny and so amazeballs! I am flabbergasted about how you packed so much detail into this space and made it look so amazingly awesome sauce! That tree is beautiful and I love it! The crackle on the window frame is stunning and the acetate flower is mind blowing! How gorgeous and it looks like it has frost on it! This could be my house window! Wowzers and fantabulous! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so delicate and rustically glamourous Branka. I really enjoy seeing your amazing creations. Thank you for joining in with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Branka, you outdid yourself of this amazing reverse canvas! You have packed so many wonderful details in this small canvas, and I'm loving your Rustic/Glam combination! The acetate poinsettia is the real show stopper for me, and I'm so going to steal this idea! The crackle on the window is amazing, and those shutters, when viewed close up, look like the real deal! Fabulously decorated tree--can you come decorate mine this year?? Using the shabby blue Frantage for your "wall" is a genius idea, and it is a perfect blingy backdrop for this sweet tree. Adding the pine cone branch at the top just adds additional WOW to this festive canvas! Love it! Big hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Branka, this is just so amazing!! You have given me a bunch of ideas for some decorations, all based on the wonderful piece you put together here! I love that itty bitty Christmas tree with the itty bitty decorations, and the close up shot is fabulous!! The shabby enamel creates such a lovely and magical backdrop for window scene and the crackle texture looks fantastic! I just love the arch too, real pinecones are such a great addition, and of course, your poinsettia is just to die for!! What a stunning rustic glam piece my friend, you have really inspired me today!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous wintry shimmer - I love your crackled window frame and rusty weathered shutters, and the translucent poinsettia looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic project Branka ! I love that crackled, rustym look!Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello - that embossed background layer is tremendous! I have never done this just as plain EP and love it! And the acetate poinsettia is pure perfection. I adore the idea to do a window, especially with a Christmas tree. I guess I didn't get the crackle memo - ha! But I have truly loved seeing everyone's gorgeous use of crackle. Your have blown this theme away, darling! Love your take. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow and yes this has inspired me to get my finger out and give this a go. Stunning hun. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, you have cracked up in the best way possible. Love the entire thing. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Branka!
    Oh my goodness! What a wonderful, festive creation! You've completely captured the 'rustic glam' theme. I adore the little window. It's like walking down a small town street and peeking in at the glow of Christmas trees in the windows. Sorry I've been away so long. I broke my arm and am just now able to type again.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't this gorgeous,so very pretty..your projects are such a delight to see...
    A fabulous entry for our challenge this month at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful wintry window scene! Branka Love the weather worn crackled window frame and those shutters, not forgetting of course the gorgeous twinkly backdrop and your decorated tree. A real christmas delight x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Fantastic make Branka! Love those red shutters! What a great touch.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your Top Pick at We Love 2 Create! Yippee! This honor is so well deserved, my friend! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.