Monday 14 November 2016

Altered Handbag


Hello, everyone!

I hope you are all safe and well and have a wonderful day!

I am back today to share with you my first project using the sun printed fabric.
I was asked a while ago to 'do something' to cover the logo on the simple shoulder school handbag. 
That 'do something' I understood as Anything goes like project tee hee :)

I put my thinking hat on and this is what I came up with.



Since this was a fabric handbag I decided to use some fabric pieces to cover the logo. 
During the summer sunny days I tried the sun printing technique using my Pebeo Setacolor transparent fabric paints (it's important to use transparent fabric paints diluted with water for this amazing technique), my craft foam die cuts (I used some of my favourite dies to cut out the shapes out of a craft foam) and a piece of light cotton fabric. 
This is the result of my first sun printing project. Isn't that gorgeous? I am in love with this and I can't wait for more sunny days to play with this technique again. 


I used my scissors and cut a piece of my sun printed fabric and I didn't want it to be neat. Then I used my Sizzix movers and shapers die to cut out the word Dream. 
I pulled out my Tim Holtz's Layered Butterfly die to cut the butterflies.
I started to create my layers of fabric using the Aleene's Ok To Wash-It permanent fabric bond glue. As simple as that :)


I like how this turned out.


That's it for today! I hope you like my project!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

Challenges:

14 comments:

  1. I like how it turned out! Fun colors, simple but very striking.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, it's absolutely stunning, Branka!! The colors are amazing!! I love the stamping and the beautiful butterflies!! What a gorgeous project this is!! Whoever gets to carry this bag is so lucky!! It's spectacular my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you say 'as simple as that' - lol! Branka, this is absolutely stunning!!! Not only the fabulous colours but the wonderful design - really, this is a work of art my friend, I love everything about it. The butterflies are so gorgeous!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOR-JUSS, Branka! Love the colors and that technique sounds very interesting! This will be fun to carry those school supplies in for some lucky student! You are an amazing artist my friend! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing idea and useful altered art project! This is so beautiful Branka, I love it! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so amazing Branka!! Your colour palette is so gorgeous, those beautifully blended pinks and blues work beautifully against the neutral fabric of the bag!! I just threw away a bunch of old purses, and I am regretting that now that I've seen your brilliant piece!! You are so creative my friend, an inspiration! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incentive way to change a bag! I've never heard of these fabric paints and boy am I curious now! You always show me a new way to create and craft and also teach me about different products. This is gorgeous and the colors you used are among my top choices. Beautiful and stinking transformation. Is the word dream a cut out with different. Fabric behind it? Totes Wowzers and amazeballs B! Hugz to you muffin!~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I am speechless...the colours and design are just stunning...
    Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Branka! You transformed a 'plain jane' bag into a brilliant work of art!! The color palette gives it such a dreamy feel, and it's ohhhh so feminine with the creative use of die cuts. You've completely inspired me to try this technique!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. Those colours are so uplifting. Lovely idea too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Lovely colours and a great technique. Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the vibrant colors and its play on the fabric! Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month, Good luck. Rupa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am just loving the colours and a stunning bag. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab idea, and I just LOVE the colours! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.