Monday 28 November 2016

Christmas Ornament Card

Hello, everyone!

I am back to share with you my Christmas Ornament card I created for my GDT spot at Crafty Boots Challenges blog and I am really thrilled and honored to be a guest designer today at this amazing challenge blog!

I was so inspired by their wonderful challenge theme 'See the Wood for the Trees' and this is what I came up with.



I cut out a shape for my ornament card out of a kraft cardstock using my hand drawn template.  Then I cut out a circle using my Framelits Sizzix die and a kraft woodgrain paper from Simon Says Stamp. I wanted to create some wintery look so I used my Decoart media white antiquing cream on top.


I used my Memory box dies, my Marianne design dies and my Sizzix dies to create a wreath, trees, festive foliage and my poinsettia flower.
I also used my kraft and white cardstock to cut out the shapes.


I wanted to achieve a kind of a frosted look to my poinsettia so I used my diluted Finnabair Light patina paint and my Decoart Glamour dust paint in Ice Crystal. I added some cheese cloth and a selfadhesive gem in the middle of my flower. I also distressed the edges a bit with Vintage photo DI.

To add some snow I used my Decoart Snow Writer on some spots and onto my trees. I wanted to decorate my wreath so I glued down some flat back pearls here and there. The word Joy is an Idealogy sticker (Tim Holtz Big Talk sticker sheet).


I hope you can see the sparkle.


I used some twine to make a bow with a small bell on top of my ornament card.


This is it for today! I hope you like my Christmas ornament card!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

***

Challenges:

21 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations on your guest design spot, Branka!! Your ornament card is absolutely stunning!! I love the colors and that amazing poinsettia!! The wreath, the trees, the jingle bell...everything is perfect!! I love, love this my friend!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Branka, I was so excited to see you had a post today, and what a lovely ornament card you have made to inspire us! I love the Kraft and white ornament and all it's die cut details, and that poinsettia is truly the most beautiful I've seen this season! This is a crafty side we don't get to see too much from you, but I have to say you are exceptional at it! I would love to hang this beauty on my tree, and now I'm so inspired to make some Christmas decor! LOVELY! Sending my love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the GDT spot Branka! Your ornament is gorgeous! Love the colors and the way you decorated it.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Branka, I have been eagerly awaiting this post so I can find out how you made it. Now I can see it properly, it is even more fabulous then I originally thought.

    Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your link on 4 Crafty Chicks and wanted to stop by and say how absolutely gorgeous this ornament card is! Love all the textures and the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Branka, how absolutely beautiful! What an exquisite combination and gorgeous rustic style. This is one amazing ornament card, sweet girl. Love it! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wondeful project! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card d with beautiful layers

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Pove Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, huge congratulations on your GDT spot!!

    Wow, wow, wow Branka, this is an ABSOLUTE stunner! I love the shape, the Kraft with the white antiquing cream look amazing - and that poinsettia is just to die for gorgeous! Wow again my friend, this is spectacular... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love how you mixed all of these dies together, with such lovely soft colors - a wonderful entry to our challenge this week! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. That´s so wonderful, i really impressed !
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely STUNNING! Incredibly beautiful. Well done.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Branka, this beautiful ornament card has just shot to the top of my favourite holiday creations this season!! Love the shape, so festive and your soft tones really create a serene wintery feel! The shimmer is just brilliant and your poinsettia is luscious and beautiful!! I believe you have inspired me to get back into my craft room today and try to get back into the Christmas spirit! Thank you for always being an inspiration my friend. I do hope you have been keeping well, thinking of you and sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. An awesome and stunning project, so beautiful, loving your frosty colours and kraft. Good luck. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Christmas Challenges Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous and inspiring design. I love the elegance of this Christmas ornament card. Simply gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Tamie DT

    Sorry for the late comment

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, that is amazing! Thank you for joining us over at Craft for the Craic :)
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete
  18. B this is drop dead gorgeous and perfectly snowed out! I can totally see the shimmer and sparkle. Huge huge congrats on your guest spot, they sure have to be thrilled with your interpretation of the theme because you totally nailed it! The does layered up all pretty like are spectacular and fantabulous! Absolutely stunning dearie! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yippee, Branka! another winner at Try it on Tuesday! You go, girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whaaaaa, very beautiful and a very nice use of colors!!!
    Creatieve groetjes, Anja

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.