Thursday 5 May 2016

Tag Book - Think Pink

Hello, crafty friends!
It's my turn to host the challenge at Stamps and Stencils and I have chosen the theme 'Think Pink'!

 For this challenge we would love to see a mixed media project that has some pink in it somewhere! The possibilities are endless! Don't forget to include some stamping or stencilling or both in your mixed media project! We can't wait to see what you create!   
I decided to create a mixed media tag book using vibrant colors, hand dyed fabrics and a lot od sewing.
This is what I came up with.



I used my Dylusions and my Liquitex acrylic paints to create the background. I draw a flower using my fluo orange paint and my fine tip applicator. I added some old dictionary scraps and some burlap to achive some dimension. I also used one of my Tim Holtz's stencils.


I love Dina Wakley's stamps so I used one of those on this tag. I also used my fine tip applicator and my fluo paint to draw some circles. I used a piece of paper with some Japanese text and attached it at the bottom of my tag. 


I created drips using my Liquitex inks and I used some of my handmade stamps here. I simply cut out the shapes using my Sizzix dies out of the craft foam and attached them on a piece of plastic to create my stamps.


Dina's stamp again and one of my handmade stamps, as well as my Dylusions paints were used in creating this tag. I stitched a piece of hand dyed fabric at the bottom.


I really love to use my fine point tip and my fluo paints to add some more contrast to my creations. I cut out the heart out of a hand dyed piece of fabric and stiched it to the tag. I created some drips using my high flow acrylic paint in pink.


I love pink color, especially the fluorescent one and I used it on all of my tags in this book. All the tags are stitched together with some fabric pieces.


I hope that I have inspired you to use pink color in your mixed media creation and to join us at Stamps and Stencils this month!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

Challenges:
Country View Challenges - Use A Stencil - I used Tim Holtz and Dylusions stencils
Mixed Media Place - Creative Gym #18 - I was inspired by your amazing quote to create something different since this is my first tag book I made
Our Creative Corner - Hit the Books - I used pieces of an old dictionary, old music sheets and an old Japanese book.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenges - Stencil It - I used Tim Holtz and Dylusions stencils




24 comments:

  1. Again, my jaw has dropped!! This is spectacular!! Each tag is a work of art!! I keep studying the pictures to take in all of the details!! Wow, you are so creative Branka!! Love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa for those kind words! You made my day! Hugs! xx

      Delete
  2. Another amazing project Branka!!! You are on the roll! Love the swirls, hearts and fancy note strips. Great make my dear!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, dear! You know, I miss you already! Hugs! xx

      Delete
  3. What stunning projects! I love the vivid colours and all those lovely layers and textures. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics, Jane DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! It's another fantastic brilliant project! Branka, you know how much I loved the journal you made for Anything But Cute, and I love this equally! Somehow you manage to make bold work so beautifully in your compositions, as if each color were meant to be exactly where it was placed--that takes huge TALENT in my opinion! Love this! Love YOU! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy pink pepperoni dearie! This tag books is gorgeous and so vibrantly awesome sauce! How cool is it that you make your own stamps and stencils! My mind is blown! Love the color choices and the circles are amazeballs! Your pinks pop off the tags and add such wonder. Fantabulous and gorgeous! Every tag is so very different And cohesive at the same time. How'd you do that? Hehe! Loves this tag book and all the different elements! You rocked it dearie! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Branka, this is an absolute delight - what could be better than bold bright colours, stitching, inspiring words and an amazing design! Love, love, love this stunning booklet! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unbelievably cool, Branka! I'm so wishing I hadn't just packed up my fabric out of reach... This is truly inspired and fantastic! You are rocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Branka! I'm so thrilled to see you in top place at Rhedd's! Biggest congrats sweetie!!! <3

      Delete
  8. this is an awesomely beautiful piece of work Branka - the colours are amazing - love it to bits! Big hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a fantastic bunch of tags - I could study them forever, there's so many wonderful details on each one! Thanks so very much for sharing them with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning colourful tag book. Beautifully designed. Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow it's stunnong Thanks for playing at Mixed media place challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow stunning artwork, the colours are lush! I love it. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that's colourful indeed. Love it! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh BRANKA - I adore ever last one of your tags. And what a BRIGHT, BOLD, and BEAUTIFUL tag book. Your post just made my day - I feel so uplifted and cheery now. My favorite one is the LOYAL HEART because I love the design of it; it has my fav color orange; and because I respect people who are loyal. Each one of your creative tags is SPECIAL and DELIGHTFUL in it's own way. It's wonderful to see you at Our Creative Corner for the 'Hit the Books' Challenge. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your tags are amazing ! So bright and colourful !!
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love the bright colours of your book...wish I was brave enough to make such a splash of colour,I usually end up with a muddy mess,lol...
    Super lush project for our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Challenge...thank you for joining us there Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vivid, fresh, modern and bright!!!All that a tag must be!!Lovely all!!!Thank you, Mixed media Place!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I adore the vibrancy!! Love how you've captured the spirit of movement with the people and colours!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Place, biggest hugs, Gee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such bright and beautiful tags - so many wonderful and vivid elements. Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner for our Hit the Books challenge. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very bright, really grabs your attention. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Altered Eclectic challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Branka, your work is brilliant! Would love to see the back of the tags and book! Thank you for sharing with us at EE! Off to look at more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.