Wednesday 5 October 2016

Jeans Birthday Card

Hello, my friends!

I am back again :) with a mixed media card I created for my dear wonderful friend and a teamie Pamellia for her birthday which is today :)

Happy Birthday, my sweet friend!



I wanted to create a kind of a grunge elegance so I used a piece of jeans fabric, added some stitching using my sewing machine and some white gesso through the Tim Holtz's stencil. Then I started to add some metal elements, some lace,  wooden pieces, 3D art stones, flat back pearls,  buttons and such. 


I covered everything with white gesso and used a lot of different acrylic paints, pastes, inks and mica powders to achieve some rust/patina effect. 


I glued down the whole piece to my craft card base using my 3D gel.

I hope Pamellia is going to like this card.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous verdigris colours and textures - what an amazing card for your friend.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Alison has already said, those verdigris colours are gorgeous! Definitely Elegance meets grunge - and I love all the wonderful elements you have added to the jeans backing. I bet Pamellia absolutely adores this!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sure Pamellia can't put this down! Love this rusted patina on this and all of your embellishments! The stenciling on the background is wonderful and using the denim fabric as your substrate is a genius move! Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Bubbles mouth is still dropped down and drooling from this gorf us denim dream design. I saw this on Instagram and just had to see it up close. You are a creative genius to use this fabric and all of the wonderful tidbits! Amazingly awesome sauce B! Hugz to you muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is stunning!! I love how you used jeans for the background!! So creative!! The stitching and stenciling look amazing!! The details you added are spectacular!! What amazing texture!! I love every single detail!! I know Pamellia adored this!! Wow!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Branka! This is so very cool. You achieved such great depth of color and dimension. Your embellies are all so cool and make for an amazing composition. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Thank you for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that is so lovely! Thanks for joining us this month at Eclectic Ellapu.
    Hugz
    Laurian DT

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.