Thursday 6 July 2017

You Ruffle My Feathers art journal spread


Hello, everyone!

I hope you are all doing well enjoying the summer! 
I am here today to share with you my mixed media art journal spread I created for our new challenge theme Colour, Texture, Shape  at Stamps and Stencils.

I love this wonderful theme and here is what I came up with.




Our lovely Ruth is hostessing the challenge this month and she describes her theme this way:

This month it's almost anything goes as I have a picture inspiration board for you.


Maybe it's the colour palette ranging from cream and peach through to gold, warm browns and soft greens that inspires you...or you want to choose different colours and use fabric, lace or metal in your project as texture? As for shape, what about flowers, leaves and architecture or the design elements that are gothic, steampunk or romantic? Whether your inspired by one or all of the pictures, please share your mixed media creations with us, the only restriction - you must use a stamp or stencil somewhere in your project. Can't wait to see what you're inspired to create!

***


I decided to use my handmade art journal and to apply some of my favourite colors - warm browns and soft greens. I used my Golden heavy body acrylic paints. Next, I pull out my 12x12 The Crafters Workshop stencil (Feathers) and my Liquitex modeling paste to create the feathers. Then I applied a coat of gesso on top, using my wide flat bristle brush to achieve some extra texture.
I wanted to achieve some grungy effect so I made a glaze by using my Golden fluid acrylic paint in Raw umber and my Golden glazing medium (Satin). I applied the glaze onto my pages and waited for a minute. After that, I wiped of the glaze using the baby wipe. 
For the quote, I used some alphabet stamps, Tim Holtz alpha stickers and a piece of fabric.


I love to add some rust details so I used my Distress Stain in Rusty hinge and my brush to create some splatters randomly.


This is it for today. 
I hope I have inspired you to create your mixed media piece and to join in our challenge at Stamps and Stencils this month! 

***

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

Challenges:




15 comments:

  1. So pretty, the feathers taking centre stage look glorious and I'm a huge fan of glazes, the colours settle beautifully in the nooks and crannies...gorgeous colours too Branka. I also love the way you use different fonts or elements for your fun quote! Hugs Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Amazing art journal pages Branka! Love the feather stencil and the color palette. I miss your posts my friend...
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning, Branka!! The texture is amazing!! I love the feather stencil you used!! The colors are so fabulous!! The way you constructed the sentiment is so creative and fabulous!! I love, love this, my friend!! Amazing!! I hope you are having a wonderful summer!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly stunning Branka, I love how you 'aged' the feathers with the glaze, it looks so very effective! The splattering is such a wonderful finishing touch and I do love your sentiment!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Branka, this is THE coolest! I adore the brown paint over your gorgeous textured design and the oh so amazing combination of lettering styles for the sentiment. Perfection!!! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Branka, this glazed journal page is gorgeous! I love these soft colors and the lovely texture! Brilliant use of different mediums to create your quote. It's always great to see you creating! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous journal spread Branka, love the feathers and the grungy effect. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous pages..so pleased you shared them with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit....Thank you so much for your entry x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quote and image.Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh B! How I love your designs and creations. This is gobsmackingly beautiful. Elegant and grungy all at the same time! That's talent my friend! The color palette is stunning and of course the rusty color is spectacular. Such a lovely contrast and those feathers! Oh those feathers! Sigh! Make my little heart fill all good inside. Amazeballs dearie! Hugz to you muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the glaze brings out the texture so beautifully - what a wonderful page spread.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow am loving the texture feathers and the way you have accentuated them, Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oi..So pretty😍 I love these colors!! Have a nice day and greetings from Finland😊

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.