Tuesday 5 July 2016

Summertime Fun at Anything But Cute

Hello, friends!
I hope you are all safe and well enjoying your summertime! 

I am happy to announce our new challenge at Anything But Cute today! Our hostess for this month's challenge is lovely and wonderful Anne who has chosen the theme 'Summertime Fun'!

Here is my mixed media jumbo tag I created for this awesome challenge.



Now, back to the challenge...
Here is how Anne describes her challenge theme:
What does Summertime fun mean to you?  Spending time by the seaside, foreign travel, camping in the great outdoors or simply enjoying time in the garden.  Create a MIXED MEDIA project focusing on how you like to spend your Summertime.  Don't forget to tell us how your project relates to our theme!


I started with mu #12 manila tag applying a thin coat of white gesso with my palette knife to achieve some texture. 


Since I wanted to express how much fun I have during my summertime, I used some of my neon acrylic paints (pink, orange and yellow) and I applied them randomly with my fingers.


I used my Tim Holtz's stencil and my neon yellow paint to imitate some sun rays and I used my homemade high flow acrylic paint in neon pink to achieve more texture.


I added some splatters using my white and teal acrylic paints (Decoart media fluid paints). I love to doodle so I used my fine tip applicator and my neon paints to add some doodling on the borders of my tag.
I needed some black accents and I used my DI in black to distress the edges. Also, I attached some pieces of a black mosquito mesh onto the edges.
I stamped the quote using one of my Dylusion stamps, black archival ink and a piece of deli paper.
I attached some of my hand dyed ribbons, some yarn in neon colors and a teal ribbon on top of my tag.  I found a piece of a pink pompom trim that left from another project and I added it, as well.


I love to ride my bicycle during the summertime which makes me feel so free and I have so much fun so I cut out my bicycle using a black cardstock and a Cottage Cutz die. 
I also added a piece of a yellow pompom trim and some yarn pieces on the bottom of my tag.


I hope that I have inspired you to create your Summertime Fun mixed media project and to join us at Anything But Cute this month!

At Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until August 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

Challenges:
Eclectic Ellapu - July challenge - Pink team - Anything goes
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog - July's Creative challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful
Love 2 Create challenge blog - July challenge - Anything Creative /Mixed Media Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft - Challenge #23 - Anything goes
Dies R Us - Outdoor Fun
Live And Love Crafts - Sprinkles of Summer


17 comments:

  1. Branka, if this doesn't scream hot summer fun, then nothing does! I love these neon colors you've added on there with that black pop of the bicycle to finish it off! Great design with so much interest of the textiles! You nailed this SUMMERTIME FUN challenge, my dear! big hugs and lots of love to you! I hope your day is as brilliant as your lovely artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't get any brighter (and happier) than that! I bet you were smiling the entire time you were creating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Branka, I am just so in love with your tag! Summer is hot, and this summer is especially hot with no rain, and your colours bring all the heat and sun that is so amazing about this season. I can almost feel the warmth on my cheek! Bright and cheery and full of Branka charm, and I really enjoyed watching how you put this together!! Another stunning project my friend, thank you so much for always wowing me with your creativity! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW What beautiful summer time colors you've used on your tag! LOVE the bicycle ... perfect summer time fun! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘OUTDOOR FUN’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are the Queen of Neon dear Branka! This tag makes me feel SO HAPPY, the colours are lush, I love those drips, the sentiment is perfect and that bicycle is delightful and really pops and those little pom poms at the bottom are an absolute delight! Perfection in my book! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning, Branka!! The colors are amazing!! I love the drips and the gorgeous ribbon!! The black bicycle just pops against that spectacular background!! The pom-poms at the bottom are such a perfect touch!! This makes me happy!! It's a perfect tag to celebrate summer!! Love, love it my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome colours Branka - what a beautiful tag - love it to pieces! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very bright, very Branka, VERY GORGEOUS! Love this vibrant tag. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Branka, great job! Love these vibrant colors :)
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Dies R Us.

    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Branka, there are no words to describe the colorful creations you've been spitting out! They are most fabulous, utterly creative, and fully inspirational! This is the cream of the crop. The deli paper sentiment is wonderful, I have to remember that!!! And I love the way you left the bike black, perfect contrast. Don't even get me started on that pom pom fringe! Thanks so much for another great challenge. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a jumbo fun tag! Love the bright colors and that bicycle is such a perfect touch.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative; I love that you used embellishments that you made personally. Looks like you used some mesh, which is one of my favorite textures or even a mesh stamp. Great job! Thank you for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tag, so fun and beautiful Branka!!! Amazing use of bright colors and hand-made paints!!
    Hugs,
    Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous bright summer colours Branka, love your tag! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bright summery fun! Love the vibrant effect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such yummy colors love this! Thanks for playing with us at Eclectic Ellapu this month, Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely and Bright and beautiful! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.